Apr 10, 2018
Carl Juneau, PhD is an exercise scientist with a PhD in physical
activity epidemiology. He is also the founder of the Dr. Muscle
In This Episode We Discuss
- Theory of effective reps
- Influence of mechanical tension, muscle damage and metabolic
stress on hypertrophy
- Does metabolic stress really cause hypertrophy? Or is it just a
by-product of mechanical tension?
- Methods to make use of a higher number of effective reps:
rest-pause, myo-reps, drop sets, etc.
- Exercise selection for such methods
- Role of rest intervals: the U-shaped curve developed by Carl
Juneau and James Krieger
- How strategies change with experience level